Issues surrounding the repair and replacement of older windows are commonly met during conservation works to older houses. The current condition of historic window is a combination of the quality of the original materials and the skill of the joiner, and the impact of wear and tear, and often of lack of maintenance over the years. The links below should provide a general introduction to the key issues:
- Overview of the typical problems encountered.
- Guide to the repair of historic windows.
- Improving the thermal performance of windows
- Thermal performance of timber sash windows
- Insulating dormer windows
- Window glass