Following on from the discussions during the seminar on Stone conservation on Monday, the following links to examples of stone deterioration research may be of interest:
- Ongoing research project on the ‘greening’ of sandstone buildings by algal communities
- Salt weathering of granite in Irish lighthouses
- The concept of stress history on sandstone by S.McCabe
- A study on bioprotection vs. bioweathering on ivy clad walls.
- Comparison of studies on the impact of cleaning historic masonry walls built of granite and sandstone in Scotland